DON’T MOVE EXTEND
Create open, bright and contemporary kitchen living spaces that combine cooking, dining and living within one social and inviting area.
The key to creating the perfect open-plan kitchen is getting the space right first and leaving the choice of kitchen units and the design detail until later.
Our steel base modular system removes the need for foundations (only pads needed), bricklayers, diggers, skips, and pre-mix concrete wagons.
The state-of-the-art modular extension system has been designed for fast installation to the highest standards and features:
• Fast Installation In 7 Days
• Unrivalled Insulation Values
• 25 Year Guarantee
• Choice of Brick Option or Render
• Cutting Edge Technology
• Leading The Way In Modular Build Systems
The 5 Stages to a Modular Extension.
Step 1 - Digitally map the site
Step 2 - Lay the pad foundations
Step 3 - Construct the base section
Step 4 - Add the skirting and DPM
Step 5 - Finally add the wall sections and roof
Maximise the potential of a home for less than the cost of moving. It removes the upheaval, you can stay close to friends, family and it will add value to your home.
You may wonder whether it’s worth losing some garden to create a bigger kitchen. The answer is almost certainly yes.
As long as the kitchen extension doesn’t put you out of kilter proportionally, inside space holds more value.
If the garden is on the small side, big glass bi-fold doors and matching floors to patios creates the inside/outside living space that works.
We can provide the full range of skills that are required for the management and completion of all your building works. From initial Design through to Planning, complying with Building Regulations, to building your dream kitchen extension.
5 Star Modular Extensions offer the complete service in transforming your home. So whether it’s a complete rear extension or just a refurbishment, we can help you give your kitchen the wow factor that you seeking.
Kitchens and the way we use them are also evolving in that we now favour more open-plan kitchen environments rather than the traditional tucked away kitchen.
As lifestyles change so do our needs and today we are now firmly embracing kitchen styles that reflect our personalities and lifestyles rather than simple fitted furniture where we store and prepare food.
Our uber chic wood veneer doors are the most contemporary on the market today.
With over 20 different kitchen ranges on offer there’s sure to be something that suits you and your lifestyle.
Choose from our bespoke wood veneer, Acrylic, High gloss / Matt, or the NEW slab wooden in-frame kitchens.
All our kitchen units are supplied fully assembled and colour coordinated to match your chosen door style.
Furthermore all our units come with a 25 year guarantee as standard.
Only the best quality components are used. We factory fit all units with Hettich or Blum Soft close hinges and drawers where applicable and the same applies to all pull out storage systems which are sourced from German manufacturer Kessebohmer.
See the latest Hettich Push to Open drawers below which can be standard in your new kitchen.
We are based in South London and cover within the south M25 region. Our team of professional builders are skilled in all aspects of building work, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, plastering and other profession required to give you that perfect finish.
Each project begins with an in-depth consultation where we listen to and discuss your requirements and expectation and ensure we gather all the information required to produce a quotation and design.
Following the consultation, we produce 3D-quality perspectives of your design which give a clear indication of your completed project along with a full quotation of estimated costs based on the materials and appliances agreed from our initial consultation.
Having discussed the project in detail and ensuring we are in agreement with the quotation and designs, we request a reasonable deposit to order materials, furniture and appliances.
From the agreed start date (usually when the kitchen furniture and appliances are available), our team of kitchen installations, plumbers and electricians carry out the work in accordance with the agreed plans.
Once your kitchen is complete, we make sure its ready for you to start enjoying without delay.
COSTINGS AND BUDGETS
What you pay for a home extension depends on the type you undertake. At current prices (January 2019) we would offer the following guide price per square meter. Note this excludes VAT and fees.
Guide Price Per Square Meter
• Rear or side return extension — £1,500 to £2,400
• Architects fees — a typical £65,000 to £95,000 extension would be in the region of £1,200 to £2,400 for planning drawings
• Engineer’s structural design fees — in the region of £600 to £1,800
• Planning and certificate of lawful development fees — If you cannot carry out your extension under Permitted Development Rights then a householder planning application costs £172. If you’re using your Permitted Development Rights, we advise you obtain a certificate of lawful development for £86. This certificate takes away any uncertainty and you can produce it when selling the property
• Building Control fees — in the region of £860 to £1,200
• Party wall arrangement fees — Budget about £990.00 per neighbour
• Heating — Radiators are typically £30 per m2 and underfloor heating is £45 per m2
• Boiler — If a new boiler is required and is sited within the new extension typical costs are usually between £2,800 and £3,900
• Kitchens — Budget in the region of £9,000 to £20,000
• Bathrooms — Budget in the region of £6,000 to £10,000
• Electrics — For standard white sockets/switches £50 for each point.
• Decorating — Set aside £80.00 per square meter for plastering or dry lining and paint.
• Flooring — Plan for £26.00 per square meter upwards
To arrange a free consultation
within South London
call us on
0203 581 6571
or email at